is extremely limited at Sandy Run, the following parking rules are enforced:
- Athletes, Coaches, Referees, Staff and Volunteers – are allowed to park at Sandy Run Lot D. CARPOOLING is highly recommended.
- Spectators- must use Off Site parking at South County High School (8501 Silverbrook Road, Lorton, VA 22079)
- Off Site parking is $10 payable when boarding the shuttle at the off-site location. $10 covers the round trip from parking to Sandy Run.
- Athletes who elect to use the off-site shuttle will ride free.
- Plan on 15-20 minutes from Off Site parking to Sandy Run Lot C.
- Handicapped Parking – available in Lot C. From there a shuttle is available to the grandstand.
Viewing the races
The best place to watch the Regatta is at the Grandstand. You can get to the Grandstand in two ways:
- Walk on the trail (hills, crushed rocks, etc) which takes about 15 minutes. This is more of a hike so wear appropriate shoes.
- Take the Shuttle from Lot C to the Grandstand for $3.
Other important information
- Dress for the weather – Layers, Comfortable walking shoes (that you could wear on a hike).
- Bring CASH for Concessions, Parking/Shuttle and Regatta T-Shirts.
- Bring Binoculars
- Check out Regatta 101 posted on the VASRA website.
- Cellular service at the river is spotty so keep this in mind.