ALL athletes interested in participating in 2023 Spring Crew MUST try out for the team. This includes coxswains as well as rowers.
- If you’re planning to tryout for Riverside crew you MUST register with Riverside High School and turn in your physical BEFORE tryouts. Information is on the the school website.
- The RVHS Crew team uniform store opens January 16th and closes, midnight January 27th.
Each athlete is required to have 1 racing shirt and 1 pair of trou (shorts). Team weather jacket is recommended. VASRA rules require all athletes to wear the uniforms in competitions. Anyone trying out for the team should purchase these items before the store closes on January 27th. This is so all team members have uniforms in time for the first regatta of the season. Anyone who purchases the uniform and does not make the team will receive a full refund on any items that are NOT personalized.
Tryouts will be held on the following days (note that Monday and Wednesday require sign up to participate, athletes must tryout on all THREE days):
- Monday February 20th – tryouts will be held at TruStrength (42910 Winkle Dr. Unit #105, Ashburn, VA. 20147). This will be timed 2k meter rowing. Sign up is required
- Tuesday February 21st – FACT field, at the track. Timed 3 mile run. No sign up is required just show up at 6:30PM.
- Wednesday February 22nd – tryouts will be held at TruStrength (42910 Winkle Dr. Unit #105 Ashburn, VA. 20147). Sign up is required